Season Passes are inexpensive. A Primary (Single) Season Pass is $60. With the purchase of a Primary Season Pass you may also purchase one or more Secondary Season Passes at $40 each (19+ years old at the same household), and/or one or more Youth Season Passes at $10 each (under 19 years old at the same household). Season Passes are based on a calendar year Jan 1 - Dec 31.
Your Season Pass allows unlimited riding at the Bear Creek OHV Recreation Site, on every day that the Site is open.
Season Pass fees are entirely applied to expenses incurred for the maintenance and operation of the Bear Creek OHV Recreation site, for the benefit of those paying the fee.
All Season Pass holders must ensure that their OHV meets the Bear Creek requirements. Spark Arrestors are mandatory. Sound must be 96 dB or less.
OKANAGAN TRAIL RIDERS MEMBERSHIP:
Joining the Okanagan Trail Riders Association helps support & develop your riding areas and your right to ride.
Members of the club have been actively involved in the LRMP (Land Resource Management Plan) process which has secured thousands of hectares of riding area near Bear Creek. This area is now designated as a motorized recreation area with an emphasis on Motorcycles. Without involvement by local riders, this would not have happened. Work is now underway to gain further funding to make improvements to trails in Bear Creek.
Why is my membership important?
Strength in numbers: when the Club deals with Government and other important groups we need to have member numbers behind us. We know riders are out there but we need to show that they support our causes, which are securing and improving our riding areas as well as providing a variety of riding experiences.
What kind of rider do I have to be to join?
Club activities are for a variety of different levels and types of riders, from beginners to experts, Trail Riders to Dual Sporters. Families, Women and Men are all encouraged to join and be active with the Club.
What else does my membership get me?
- Club activities: Events vary from year to year, ranging from Wednesday Night Social Rides, Awareness Days, Poker Runs, and Weekend Events, to Riding Clinics, Trail Maintenance Sessions, and Trail Building Sessions. Club members also organize trips to other riding areas, both as Dual Sport and as Dirt Bike getaways. See our event calendar for more information on upcoming events.
- Club Newsletters & updates: Information will be emailed to you at various times throughout the year. We do not share your email address. Emails are strictly Club and OHV information related. You may opt off the emailing list at any time.
- The chance to meet other riders: Joining the Club and coming to any of the meetings or events gives you the opportunity to meet others who enjoy your sport.
- Meetings: For those who wish to attend General Meetings, you have the ability to provide strong input for your desires and visions. For those who are unable to attend you have the ability to email in your items of interest which could then be brought forward at the next General meeting on your behalf.
- Discounts: OTRA members receive a 50% discount on camping permits for the Aspen Trailhead Campground and the Upper Pits Camping Area. If you plan on riding Forest Service Roads (FSR's), and therefor require liability insurance, an OTRA membership will get you a discount of up to 25%. Generally, an OTRA membership will help you get a 10~15% discount off at many local dealers, ask your local dealer for information on their discount offering.
OTRA GOLD MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE:
Upgrade to an OTRA Gold Membership and receive 1 BCORMA pass and a voucher for 1 Bear Creek Day Trail Pass (1 BCORMA Pass and 1 voucher per upgrade) Note- If one BCORMA Pass is purchased it will be associated with the Primary Member, unless you request otherwise. The Day Pass voucher may be used by your visitor, or anyone you give it to.
Give Something Back to the Sport you enjoy! Strength in numbers.
Joining is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Here's how:
REMINDER- Season Passes/Memberships are annual and are sold until Dec 31
||Go to our PayPal link and indicate your requirements. Pay for your Season Pass(es)/Membership(s). When you received the confirmation email from PayPal, go to step 2...
On our registration page fill out your name, address, email, and PayPal Transaction ID or Receipt Number. Note: some people who sign up are having a little trouble with this step. Please make sure you examine the PayPal email to get the Transaction ID or Receipt Number and enter it into the registration page..
For Secondary and/or Youth Season Pass(es)/Membership(s) – please put their names in the comment fields
||Welcome to the Okanagan Trail Riders Association! We will keep you informed of club meetings, rides, and important issues. We will continue to work with Government groups to develop riding areas and protect your right to ride!
Other ways to Join:
While we encourage online Season Pass purchases and Member sign-up, you can also join by:
- Mailing in your completed application form (click to open) along with your cheque payment.
- Bringing your completed application form (click to open) and cash or cheque payment to a meeting or Club Event
- Contacting the Site Host at Bear Creek OHV Recreation Site on weekends May to October.
- Visiting your local OHV dealership.